This top was the result of months of effort. My mom and I spotted it in the Free People store in Florida on Black Friday. I loved it, but if y'all think I would spend $128 for a top, you've got another thing coming. I checked in on it every so often, but when it finally went on sale, it still sat stubbornly at ninety dollars. Finally, finally, it dropped down to fifty bucks, and Free People offered an extra twenty-percent off sale. When I tracked it down in-store, it was actually priced ten dollars lower, so I got out the door with this shirt for right around $30. Yesss!



I wore it on a pretty spring weekend. We walked to see our favorite band play a free set at a local record store, and then had lunch at a juice bar. On our walk, we found an awesome (Dr. Who-inspired, I believe) tiny library, where I picked up Swamplandia. Later, we went up to Council Crest for dinner with friends and a killer view of Mount Hood before making our way to the same band's concert.









Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Top: Free People
Jeans: Urban Outfitters
Purse: Forever 21
Boots: Old Navy