I probably should play this off, but I hate to lie--these photos are nearly a year old, fro last fall. I finally rescued them off of my poor broken camera, so I'm going to flash us back for the next few posts.



I remember this day clearly. I had walked down to Hawthorne Street to apply for jobs at a coffeeshop, and when I was done, I decided to pop in at Buffalo Exchange. I tried on a few things, and in the fitting room, I heard a girl complaining to her friend that she could never wear double polka dots, as printed on whatever she was trying on. I looked down at my own polka dot sweater and polka dot tights, and hightailed it out of there. But not before buying a bright yellow skirt.





I love these Lydia Davis stories, and I'm still making my way through them. Her stories are short, but so full of emotion. After I read one, I have to sit and mull and maybe feel a little sad before I feel ready to move on to another one, so it's taking a while.

Sweater: Forever 21 (similar)
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Anthropologie (similar | cheaper)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe (similar but cuter)