These photos are fairly horrendous, but I have been thinking about this outfit forever, so I'm going with it. We moved recently and I haven't found a quiet, private spot to take photos. I risked taking these as I walked home from the grocery store. There was a woman raking leaves a half a block away, and I'm sure she was laughing at me all the while. It's funny; I feel embarrassed about taking photos of my outfits, but somewhat less embarrassed about posting them. Alas.



I found this skirt at a thrift store in Eugene nearly a year ago, and I had to buy it. Seriously, there was no way I could leave without buying it, even though it's not 100 percent my style. I think it's handmade, and I knew immediately that I would wear it with tall boots and pretend to be a prairie girl. The lace panels are see-through, so I layered another skirt underneath.

Folks in Portland are fairly stingy with compliments, but I got a whopping two comments (both favorable, thank goodness) in this little ditty.



PS - Look ma, no tights! Grateful for a rare fall day that was only a little chilly.

Sweater: Thrifted
Top: Anthropologie (similar here)
Skirt: Thrifted
Socks: Target
Boots: Madden Girl (similar here)