I'm going to a friend's wedding next month, and I'm very excited save for the inevitable what-to-wear dilemma. I'm comfortable saying that formal wear is sort of my downfall. The problem is that I don't want to wear a boring, snoozefest dress, but I also want to be tasteful and appropriate. Plus, black and sequins and anything remotely body contoured just ain't really my style. But online shopping sure is fun! Here are a few of my favorite options:



Need Supply Vincent Dress, $46

I adore this gold and black dress, but it's only available in a small, which might or might not fit.



Modcloth Spotted Downtown Dress, $55

The cut of this dress doesn't particularly excite me, but the polka dot print is fun and whimsical, me without being over the top or inappropriate. Plus, I think I could incorporate it into my wardrobe fairly easily, even for daytime.



Zara Jumpsuit with Lace Yoke, $100

Don't kill me, but I really love the idea of wearing a lacy black jumpsuit with strappy heels. (This one from ASOS is a little too sexy for a wedding, but if I attended more formal events I'd probably scoop it up for a different party.)



Sixties Green Brocade Dress, Etsy


I might check a few vintage shops as well. Everything on Etsy is overpriced and/or extra small and/or from the eighties, but I may be able to find something good locally. I can't get over this pretty emerald green dress, though! Amazing.

Any suggestions, friends? Would you wear a jumpsuit to a wedding? What colors are best, especially aside from black?